On some level, we all wish we would wake up one morning magically endowed with the jawline of Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie. Enter: jawline contouring, a plastic surgery technique that can safely and effectively give you the cut jawline of your dreams. Here, Dr. Alexandra Hart of Plastic Surgery Group of Atlanta (@plasticsurgerygroupofatlanta) provides her top five tips for the best jawline contouring results.
1. Consult extensively with your doctor prior for best options. The treatment plan can consist of liposuction of neck with chin implant, liposuction of neck with fillers or just fillers alone.
2. Avoid anything that can thin the blood, such as aspirin, vitamin E, red wine, etc. Blood thinners increase the risk of bruising.
3. Avoid vaccines or teeth cleanings for two weeks before and after to prevent excess swelling.
4. Start taking arnica, a natural product that helps prevent bruising, five days prior to the procedure.
5. Make sure to schedule proper downtime—no big events for two weeks, in case of bruising and swelling.