It’s easy to extend the life of your blowout from Blo Blow Dry Bar at Shops Around Lenox with these pro stylist tips.
1. Start with the basics. “Shampoo well, and make sure you remove all the buildup and oils in the hair,” says Max Sanchez, owner of White Salon and Spa. “The hair should be completely dry in order to make sure the cuticle is sealed.”
2. Don’t deep condition. “If you’re going for defined curls or style with a lot of volume, skip the deep conditioning mask or keratin treatment before your blowout,” says Ashley Vanpelt, lead stylist at Buckhead’s Cherry Blow Dry Bar. “The treatment will weigh down the hair and make it tough to maintain the style.”
3. Make dry shampoo your new secret weapon. “It absorbs any excess oil in the scalp, adds a little volume to the roots and leaves hair with a fresh scent,” says Kaya Genn, a stylist at Blo Blow Dry Bar Buckhead. To use, Genn says to divide your hair into sections and lightly spray your roots. Hold the bottle about 2 to 3 inches away from the scalp while spraying. Lightly massage in with fingers if needed.
4. Sleep on satin. “Satin pillowcases are like a nightly spa treatment for your hair and skin,” Genn says. “I personally love them because they help prevent hair breakage, and the satin fabric helps keep oil away from the scalp and keeps curls in place.”
5. Hands off! “I think the best advice is the easiest,” Genn adds. “Avoid touching your hair as much as possible. It helps prevent oil and dirt from getting into the hair, while also helping to prevent flyaways and frizz.”