Bring your stretchy pants and your best buds to this year’s Atlanta Street Food & Music Festival June 11 and 12.
1. Party for a cause on June 11 when JDRF takes over SweetWater Brewing Company with its annual Rock the Cure party. Dance the night away to ’80s cover songs from PleaseRock Entertainment’s Member’s Only! while noshing on eats from Cypress Street Pint & Plate. Wash it all down with suds from SweetWater before perusing a plethora of fab raffle items. 7:30pm, from $50, SweetWater Brewing Company, @jdrfgeorgia
2. Dress to the nines in the name of improving education for children at Fernbank Museum of Natural History’s Lost Oasis 2016: Glow soiree on June 11. Enjoy light bites from A Divine Event, an open bar, specialty cocktails and live music from the Magictones. Don’t miss the museum’s dazzling new exhibit Creatures of Light: Nature’s Bioluminescence, which inspired this year’s theme. 8pm, $125, Fernbank Museum of Natural History, @fernbankmuseum
3. Indulge in an endless row of food trucks and live music at the Atlanta Street Food & Music Festival June 11 and 12. Mobile eat options include Yumbii, Mac The Cheese, The Atlanta Burger Truck, King of Pops, Meatballerz, The Deep South Biscuit Co., Holy Crepe and Shove Your Pie Hole. Times vary, from $20, Stone Mountain Park, @streetfestatl
4. Director James Cameron’s record-breaking film Avatar is coming to life onstage thanks to Cirque du Soleil’s new touring show, TORUK – The First Flight, at Infinite Energy Center June 15 to 19. Set thousands of years prior to the film’s storyline, the live show highlights a Na’vi’s battle against Toruk (a word in the Na’vi language which means great leonopteryx), a colorful predator who reigns over the Pandoran sky. Sit back; relax; and let the jaw-dropping begin! Times vary, from $35, Infinite Energy Center, @cirquedusoleil
5. Award-winning classic The Wizard of Oz arrives at The Fox Theatre June 21 to 26 thanks to Fifth Third Bank’s Broadway in Atlanta program. Celebrate The Fox’s 35th anniversary season with Dorothy, Scarecrow, Lion and Tin Man, and all the iconic tunes you know and love. Date night, done! Times vary, from $34, The Fox Theatre, @thefoxtheatre