The Living Room bar at The Dewberry Charleston
1. Upon arrival, head straight to check-in at The Dewberry Charleston (room rates from $329 per night, @thedewberrycharleston). After nearly a decade of renovations, the hotel bowed last fall, and it’s a midcentury wonderland filled with playful details. Once settled, venture downstairs for a peek inside Garden & Gun’s highly curated Fieldshop (@ggfieldshop) and a cocktail in The Living Room—the French 75 is tops.
2. Kick the day off at The Park Cafe (@theparkcafechs) with the best avocado toast of your life—seriously. Post-brunch, make your way to King Street (courtesy of The Dewberry Charleston’s complimentary bikes) for some retail therapy. The Skinny Dip: Charleston Edition (@skinnydipcharleston) is a must-go. This brand-new concept shop showcases rotating brands, from artisanal jewelry to pretty little sundresses to unexpected home goods. Don’t forget to grab a glass of frosé upstairs at Ruddi’s Caffé e Vino.
3. Next stop: Élevé, the Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston’s (@grandbochas) rooftop bar. Take sommelier/master blender Sarah Young’s recommendation and order the rosé cider (on tap!). “Not all rosés are wine!” says Young. “We offer a rosé cider by Wölffer Estate Vineyard that is to-die-for. This cider is crisp and refreshing—not sweet at all.” After savoring the sweeping city views, dinner is served at newly opened Rappahannock Oyster Bar in the Cigar Factory, where—obviously—oysters reign supreme.
4. Before crossing the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge (we see you Southern Charm fans), stop in Caviar & Bananas (@caviarandbananas) on George Street. Beyond the knockout sandwiches, such as the pimento cheese BLT and the caprese with prosciutto, look for locally made goods, vino and desserts in the gourmet market. Later, savor cocktails and killer views at Charleston Harbor Fish House, the newest dining option at the recently debuted The Beach Club at Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina (@charlestonharborresort).
5. Before skipping town, don’t forget to make a pit stop at Christophe Artisan Chocolatier-Pâtissier for a quick sugar fix—think handpainted chocolates, decadent pastries and rich coffee. Until next time, Charleston.