Sink into summer with a refreshing taste of SweetWater Brewing Company’s pineapple-laced Goin’ Coastal IPA.
1. It wouldn’t be an ATL beer roundup without SweetWater Brewing Company, and we’re crazy for its new concoction. A pineapple infused IPA, Goin’ Coastal is the brewery’s latest addition to its Catch & Release line. With the bright aroma of five different citrus hops, this tropical treat is sure to leave you yearning for sun, saltwater and sandy toes. Make sure to snag one before they’re gone, as this fruity ale is seasonal and only available through August. $9 for a six-pack, South Buckhead, @sweetwaterbrew
2. Take your suds sky-high at The Roof at Ponce City Market’s new beer garden, Nine Mile Station, opening next month. Nosh on bites like gourmet hot dogs and snow cones, enjoy beer from local Georgia breweries, and feel like a kid again in Skyline Park. Putt-putt, carnival games and more will have you flexing your competitive muscles in no time. Old Fourth Ward, @poncecitymarket
3. Party like it’s Oktoberfest at Communion, chef Kevin Gillespie’s German- inspired beer garden at his Decatur eatery, Revival. Purchase tokens for bites (Bavarian-styled pretzels and grilled sausages), booze (punches and Old World wines), brews (European drafts and bottled sessions mean you’ll stay for hours) and even games (Giant Jenga, anyone?). Decatur, @revivaldecatur
4. The beer alchemists at Second Self Beer Company are unveiling a new thirst quencher to satisfy your poolside needs, plus an in-house canning operation and renovated tasting room. A Wakatu hops and coriander-infused brewski, the Top Gun-inspired Maverick & Gose goes big on sweet and salty flaves and is the perfect beverage to pair with summer faves like grilled grouper, oysters, guacamole and even pineapple. Bottoms up! Westside, @secondselfbeer
5. Newcomer Torched Hop Brewing Company has won us over with its made-in-house suds, which include ales, IPAs and stouts. More than 40 beers on tap from other Georgia brands are also available for washing down tasty menu options, which include wild game nuggets and jumbo wings. Midtown, @torchedhopbrewing